All incidents of workplace violence or threats of violence must now be reported using the new OCDSB online eBase system, EVIR. This online system replaces the Workplace Violence Reporting Form 733 and the former online reporting.
Reporting Workplace Violence Instructions :
- On the OCDSB website select Staff Portal.
- Select Sign in with Google and enter your OCDSB credentials.
- Select Admin.
- Select Online Workplace Violence Reporting.
- Select the Form Logic Icon (third of three) on the upper left.
- Select the New Form in the upper right hand corner.
- In the Workflow box, select Employee Violent Incident Report.
- Select the work site in the Facility box.
- Fill out all mandatory fields.
- Click Submit for review once all fields are filled out.
- Download and print out a copy for your records.
Your principal will receive an email notification once an online form has been submitted. Your principal will identify actions that have been or will be taken as follow up to the incident and you will receive via email the report with this section completed. The last step provides you with the option to “Bring to the attention of the Joint Health & Safety Committee for review” and to include additional details about the incident and any recommendations that you may have for resolving your concerns. Please send a copy to OCEOTA – fax: 613-221-9137
Please contact the OCEOTA office at 613-221-9135 if you have any questions or require assistance in dealing with workplace violence.
Category of Violence
a. Exercise of physical force that causes or could cause physical injury to the worker.
b. Attempt to exercise physical force that could cause physical injury to the worker.
c. Statement or behaviour that is reasonable for the worker to interpret as a threat to use physical force that could cause physical injury to the worker.
The Act does not differentiate on the basis of any physical, emotional, or cognitive disability.